CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO PORT OF NEWCASTLE WEBSITE
Long-term lease of the Port of Newcastle
Please note the following changes, which will take effect on commencement of the long-term lease of the Port of Newcastle.
From 30 May 2014, the port lessee, Port of Newcastle, will be responsible for:
- Vessel scheduling
- Pricing for navigation services relating to vessel movements, wharfage for cargo movements, security and utility charges, and site occupancy charges
- Property management and port development
- Trade development
- Inductions for Port of Newcastle Operations sites
- Cruise shipping
- Dredging and survey (not including promulgation)
- Maritime security functions for the channel and common user berths
- Wharf and berth services
- Maintenance of major port assets including the channel, common user berths, breakwaters, roads, etc.
Contact details for Port of Newcastle, effective 31 May 2014, are:
6 Newcomen Street, Newcastle, NSW 2300
T 61 2 4908 8200
CLICK HERE TO BE DIRECTED TO THE NEWCASTLE PORT CORPORATION WEBSITE.
Newcastle Port Corporation (NPC) will continue to be responsible for:
- Pilotage services and the Harbour Master (including promulgation of depths)
- Vessel Traffic Information Centre (VTIC)
- Port Safety Operating Licence, including:
- incident reporting
- emergency response (including oil or chemical spill response).
To report an incident within the Port of Newcastle, phone 02 4929 3890.
- permit notifications (e.g. re: dangerous goods, bunkering or hot works)
- Coal framework arrangements
- Inductions for access to NPC sites
- Maritime security functions for NPC activities
- Nobbys Headland
Newcastle Port Corporation’s telephone contact details remain the same. Please note the new street address:
51-55 Wharf Road, Newcastle NSW 2300
(Mail to: PO Box 663, Newcastle NSW 2300)
T 1800 048 205 or 61 2 4985 8222